Wednesday, July 7, 2010

summertime and life is sweet



proud buckeye family on the beach

I'm the worst blogger.
It turns out, that even with all my "free time" during the summer I'm still not really cranking out blogposts like I had hoped.
Oh well, you get what you get.

So it's July (YES I LOVE JULY) and I'm babysitting all summer.
But what, pray tell, have I been doing since treacherous finals week, besides not blogging?
Thanks for asking, inquisitive readers!

First I went on an epic family vacation. I have the funniest family on the face of the planet. Thank g-d I don't get embarrassed easily and instead am part of the hilarity, because otherwise these epic vacations would be epically humiliating instead of fun.



shoot, look at that super cute family.

After we got home from vacation, I continued with my awesome summer job.

Think about all of the things you like to do. Maybe you like to read, or watch movies, or go to the pool.

Now imagine getting paid to do those things.

Ka-chiiiiiing.


So I also bought a ukulele, which has been an incredibly fun and ridiculous new thing that I've been spending time on. I've really increased my repertoire lately--so far I'm up to nine or ten great songs that I can play almost from memory! Ukuleles are so easy to play and so summery and great!


just chillin' with the new uke...nbd.

Now that the siblings' baseball and softball seasons are winding down, it's just about time for me to stop wasting time and start studying for the GRE. Womp. But really I'd rather just read...so far this summer I've read 13 books! The Sookie Stackhouse novels were first--great beach read, btw, and now I'm finishing the third of the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Great books! Once I'm finished I'm planning on watching the Swedish versions of the movies.

What else...

OH I went to see fireworks (duh) and got some pretty cool shots with the D90. Win!



USA! USA! USA!

That's all I can think of right now but I'll try to keep this updated more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment